2022-2023 Coaches' Registration
Coaches need to register with AHA.
In order to register, you will need to have a USA Hockey number for the 2022-23 season.
USA Hockey number - required every year ($46 + $2.50 MA fee, AHA will reimburse)
After obtaining your USA hockey number, please click on the "Register" button below to register with AHA.
Once you have completed that registration, you will also need to complete the following:
- Background Screen - required every other year to authorize a background check (free).
- SafeSport - required every year. It will offer the appropriate course/refresher when you log in with your USA Hockey number (free).
- Waiver of Liability Form - required every year for all on-ice participants, please email completed form to the Coach-in-Chief, Stuart Remensnyder at firstname.lastname@example.org and Registrar, Kristin Balboni at email@example.com.
- Coach's card / CEP Training - required (almost all returning coaches need an updated card, new coaches all need CEP level 1). Try to do this before the season starts (costs vary).
- USA Hockey Age modules - required for the age group you are coaching, needed if your player(s) changed age groups (costs vary).
Please email the AHA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org to be reimbursed for any of the above.
Other Coaching Forms
Coaching cards: USA Hockey no longer issues Coaching cards. Coaches are required to print out a copy of their own cards. Login to USA Hockey to retrieve your card information.
On-site Injury Report Form - for use throughout the season when an injury occurs. Completed forms should be emailed to VP of Hockey Operations at
or Complete It Online
Player Patch Award Form - for hat tricks, playmakers and shutouts
Player Evaluation Form - for coaches assessment of player skills
Travel Permit - for play outside the state
USA Hockey Practice Plans
Small Area Games
Mass Hockey Forms including District Playdown
USA Hockey Sanctioned Tournaments
Tournaments AHA teams have attended in the past